A map lithographed at the Topographical Depot of the War Office under the direction of Major A.C. Cooke and Col. H. James in 1859 showing the Comiaken District on the east coast of Vancouver Island. The district is covered in a numbered grid. Relief marks, sketches, and notes show the land cover, land forms, and quality of land. Named places include Maple Bay and Quamichan Lake. Includes a small inset map that is an index to the districts found on the southern region of Vancouver Island.
- In Collection:
- 1 sheet ; 89 x 67 cm
- 49.65064, -125.44939
- 48.82463, -123.62766
- Scale: 20 Chains to 1 Inch; 1:15,840
- Frank and Cecilia Sylvester Collection
- January 22, 2008 to January 30, 2008
- 600 dpi tif, Epson GT-15000 scanner, scanned by KSW, edited by CDW. Metadata created by KD.
- Contact Special Collections and University Archives for access to the original manuscript and for reproduction requests (email@example.com). Patrons may view the material through the Victoria's Early History Collection, but may not use images without permission of the University.
This page supports the Zotero and Mendeley browser extensions simply click on the extension widget in your browser to save the objects citation.
|Comiaken District 01||2020-07-30||Public||