Lansdowne Airfield, early 1920sPublic
Chan Dun, who was a naturalized Canadian citizen, was the principal of a flying school started by the Chinese community in order to send trained pilots to China to aid the revolution. The woman in the photograph is Edith Lee (nee Koo), wife of Rev. Clarence Lee and sister of Mrs. Chan Koo Shee; the little boy standing in front of Edith is Maurice Chan; Roy Chan is on the extreme right; Ira Chan is in the cockpit; Esther Chan is in the rear cockpit; Allan Chan is on the wing of the airplane.
- 1 black and white photograph
- 48.4294, -123.3679
- 48.4359, -123.35155
- Victoria’s Chinatown, a gateway to the past and present of Chinese Canadians
- Victoria's Chinatown Project Website: https://chinatown.library.uvic.ca/index.html
- May 10, 2012
- 600 dpi tiff. Cataloguing metadata provided by GF. Migration metadata by MT.
- This material is made available on this site for research and private study only. These images are provided with the consent of the Victoria Archives, and cannot be reproduced or copied without their permission.
This page supports the Zotero and Mendeley browser extensions simply click on the extension widget in your browser to save the objects citation.