British Columbia (subsequently part of Canada). 'Cape Caution to Port Simpson including Hecate Strait and part of Queen Charlotte Islands surveyed by Staff Commander Daniel Pender R.N.... and assistants 1867-70': the northern sheet only of a chart on multiple sheets, covering areas as far south as Princess Royal Island. Scale: 3 inches to about 14 miles. Compass roses. [British Columbia, 1867-1870; 1879] Contributor: Lovell, J. B. (Col.)
- In Collection:
- Penfold Number: 422
- 1 sheet
- 47.50012, -120.50147
- 53.4995, -131.17003
- 54 40'N--53 00'N / 131 55'W--127 30'W
- 53.74947, -132.00343
- Early BC Maps Collection
- National Archives of the UK
- Funded by a Canadian Council of Archives, Archival Community Digitization Program.
- National Archives Number: WO78-2311 (26)
- April 12, 2010
- Chart showing the position of Port Simpson and the Islands at the entrance. To accompany my report of this day's date, J.B. Lovell, Colonel C. R. Engineer, Halifax, N.S. 20th December 1879
- Watermarks added to images by KM, JF, and CDW. Metadata by CDW, April 29, 2010
- 600 dpi jpg
- These images are provided under license by The National Archives of the UK and cannot be reproduced or copied without their permission. To purchase high-resolution tiff files of these maps for publication, contact: email@example.com Tel: +44 (0)20 8392 5225. A scale of reproduction fees applies for commercial publication, exhibition display or TV broadcast. Details on request. Request should cite the National Archives Number. Infringement of the above condition may result in legal action. These images are provided for research only.
This page supports the Zotero and Mendeley browser extensions simply click on the extension widget in your browser to save the objects citation.