Consists of two maps and two sets of notes explaining the maps on one sheet. The first map is of the James Bay Reserve and shows the streets (Menzies St.), the government reserve, and the bridge all adjacent to James Bay. The note is dated May 6, 1864 and describes the dimensions of the map and that they came from the Official Map of 1858. The second map is an outline of the Victoria District with a church, park and school reserves marked on it. The accompanying note describes the dimensions and sizes of these three reserves.
- In Collection:
- Historical Map Society of B.C. Map Number: 1891
- LSV Number: 14AT1VIC TOWN
- 2 maps and 2 pages on 1 sheet ; 62 x 85 cm
- Plan of James Bay Reserve, showing site orig Parliament Bldg
- 48.41667, -123.38333
- 48.4359, -123.35155
- Scale: 4 inches = 1 mile
- Land Title and Survey Authority of British Columbia Maps
- Surveyor General of BC, Legal Surveys Vault
- September 11, 2006
- 300 dpi; Metadata by KD
- This material is owned by the Land Title and Survey Authority of British Columbia (LTSA). The Cartographic Record of this digital image is in the possession of the Surveyor General Division, LTSA. Any reproduction of this material must credit the Land Title and Survey Authority of British Columbia as the source for this record. To purchase high-resolution scanned files of these maps and plans, contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Request should cite the LTSA Surveyor General's Vault map number (eg. 16T1 Land Reserves).
This page supports the Zotero and Mendeley browser extensions simply click on the extension widget in your browser to save the objects citation.