A news clipping entitled, "Slips of Holy Thorn Tree Wither and Die in Victoria" from The Daily Colonist, June 12th, 1949. A photograph of a "Christmas-blooming" sprig of the "Holy Thorn" hawthorn tree is featured. The article describes how graftings of the Holy Thorn tree obained and brought to Victoria by local resident, Arthur Warren of Mitchell Street, withered and died. The article also describes the legend behind the Holy Thorn Tree planted at Glastonbury, including information about Joseph of Arimathea, King Solomon, Chaucer, and Henry VIII.
- In Collection:
- 1 newspaper clipping
- Holy Thorn Grows in Englan, Fails in Victoria
- "Slips of Holy Thorn tree wither and die in Victoria" from The Daily Colonist, June 12th, 1949
- Katharine Maltwood Collection
- Donor: John Maltwood
- Katharine Maltwood fonds
- Finding aid for archival fonds: https://www.uvic.ca/library/locations/home/spcoll/findaids/maltwood_inventory.pdf
- February 7, 2015
- Digitized by Robbyn Gordon Lanning. Technical and cataloguing metadata provided by Robbyn Gordon Lanning. Migration metadata by KD.
- Contact Special Collections and University Archives for access to the original manuscript and for reproduction requests (firstname.lastname@example.org). This material is made available on this site for research and private study only.
This page supports the Zotero and Mendeley browser extensions simply click on the extension widget in your browser to save the objects citation.
|Slips of Holy Thorn 01||2020-01-31||Public||