The plan for the city of Victoria with different coloured lots and explanations for what those colours mean. Lots coloured in green are those that will be surrendered to the Crown and include Beacon Hill Park, government buildings, church reserve, school reserve, and several numbered plots. The pink lots have "HBC" written in them and belong to the Hudson's Bay Company. The lands coloured in yellow belong to Governor Douglas and will also be surrendered to the Crown. Named features include Finlayson Point, Holland Point, Ogden Point, Victoria Harbour, Shoal Point, Laurel Point, James Bay, and Rock Bay.
- In Collection:
- LSV Number: 12T2VIC TOWN
- Historical Map Society of B.C. Map Number: 1769
- 1 sheet ; 60 x 80 cm
- No. 2
- 48.4359, -123.35155
- Scale: 8 chains to one inch
- Land Title and Survey Authority of British Columbia Maps
- Surveyor General of BC, Legal Surveys Vault
- October 17, 2011
- 150 dpi; Metadata by KD
- This material is owned by the Land Title and Survey Authority of British Columbia (LTSA). The Cartographic Record of this digital image is in the possession of the Surveyor General Division, LTSA. Any reproduction of this material must credit the Land Title and Survey Authority of British Columbia as the source for this record. To purchase high-resolution scanned files of these maps and plans, contact email@example.com. Request should cite the LTSA Surveyor General's Vault map number (eg. 16T1 Land Reserves).
This page supports the Zotero and Mendeley browser extensions simply click on the extension widget in your browser to save the objects citation.