South Eastern districts of Vancouver IslandPublic
Map of the districts of South Eastern Vancouver Island including the North Saanich, South Saanich, Lake, Highland, Esquimalt, Sooke, and Victoria Districts. Many features and places have been named and the land in the Victoria District has been divided into numbered plots of land. Relief shading and sketches show the land forms and land cover. Includes an inset map of the southern tip of Vancouver Island with the surrounding bodies of water and islands named. Map signed by John Gastineau.
- In Collection:
- Call Number: G3514 V5 1855 P4 (Maps)
- 1 sheet ; 68 x 94 cm
- South Eastern districts of Vancouver Island, from a trigonometrical survey made by order of the Honble Hudsons Bay Company by J.D. Pemberton Engr. & Surv. to the Company
- 48.36633, -123.68592
- 48.64964, -123.43593
- 48.51634, -123.41931
- 48.51633, -123.50261
- 48.58294, -123.41932
- 48.43569, -123.41174
- 48.4359, -123.35155
- Scale: 80 Chains to 1 English Mile; ca. 1:63,360
- Frank and Cecilia Sylvester Collection
- January 22, 2008 to January 30, 2008
- 600 dpi tif, map was scanned in 8 parts on the 11x17 scanner and stitched together. Metadata by KD.
- Contact Special Collections and University Archives for access to the original manuscript and for reproduction requests (firstname.lastname@example.org). Patrons may view the material through the Victoria's Early History Collection, but may not use images without permission of the University.
This page supports the Zotero and Mendeley browser extensions simply click on the extension widget in your browser to save the objects citation.