Describes the first circumnavigation of Vancouver Island by Captain George Vancouver. "It is the object of this paper to vindicate the contention of Captain George Vancouver that his ships were the first to complete the navigation of the inner channels which separate the island, now called by his name, from the mainland of British Columbia."
- In Collection:
- GVPL Call Number: 917.11 NEW
- 69 p., 8 leaves of plates, 8 maps (1 folded) ; 25 cm.
- Archives of British Columbia Memoir No. I 
- 1st circumnavigation of Vancouver Island
- 49.65064, -125.44939
- Plates preceded by guard sheets with descriptive letterpress; "Presented to the Victoria Public Library by The Author" note handwritten; Includes errata; Includes bibliographical references (p. 65-69)
- Greater Victoria Public Library Local History Collection
- Greater Victoria Public Library
- March 28, 2012
- Digitized by JF, image modified by JF, technical metadata provided by KM, cataloguing metadata provided by GF and KD.
- Images are available on this site for private use. For all other uses or access to the original please contact the Greater Victoria Public Library.
This page supports the Zotero and Mendeley browser extensions simply click on the extension widget in your browser to save the objects citation.
|First circumnavigation of Vancouver Island||2020-12-17||Public||