Production material centres around a joint interview conducted with Lorna Wanosts’a7 Williams and Reuven Feuerstein in Shoresh, Isreal. In tape 1, Wanosts’a7 and Feuerstein discuss how she first came to learn of his work while teaching at Ts̓zil Community School; Feuerstein’s conceptualizations of cultural difference and cultural deprivation; the need for respect of cultural differences without devaluing other groups; and Feuerstein’s idea of the forces of belonging. In tape 2, Wanosts’a7 and Feuerstein discuss Wanosts’a7’s experience first coming to Israel for Feuerstein’s international summer workshop; Instrumental Enrichment (FIE); more on cultural difference and cultural deprivation; mediated learning experience and cognitive testing; and the importance of emotional engagement in education, which includes a reflection by Feuerstein’s on his work with children of the Holocaust. In tape 3, Feuerstein discusses the BBC documentary “The Transformers: Out of the Wilderness” created about his work; and the responsibilities of parents in providing mediation, including the importance of Wanosts’a7’s work in re-empowering parents in that role. The filmed segments of the interview run from 12:29 on tape 1, and continue until 14:48 on tape 3. 12:30 on tape 3 to the end of the interview are silent. Additional sequences can be found proceeding and following the interview, including the Old City of Jerusalem; the Western Wall; Shoresh; and the Neve Carmel caravan site in Haifa. Much of this material does not have corresponding audio.
- In Collection:
- Sound roll: SR18
- Camera roll: CR21
- Sound roll: SR20
- Sound roll: SR19
- Camera roll: CR22
- Sound roll: SR21
- Camera roll: CR19
- Camera roll: CR20
- Camera roll: CR17
- Sound roll: SR17
- Camera roll: CR23
- 50.31667, -122.71667
- 31.7778, 35.2322
- 49.24966, -123.11934
- 31.79711, 35.06525
- 32.783611, 34.965556
- 3 videocassettes : analog, col., Betacam SP
- Lorna Wánosts’a7 Williams Face to Face Media Collection
- Digitized in collaboration with the Steven Spielberg Jewish Film Archive at The Hebrew University of Jerusalem.
- Accession Number: 2017-057
- Special Collections Finding Aid: https://uvic2.coppul.archivematica.org/face-to-face-media-fonds
- August 27, 2020 to September 8, 2020
- Originally recorded on 16 mm film and 1/4” reel-to-reel audio later transferred and synced to Betacam SP for use during post-production. Dates on cassettes are believed to reflect date of transfer.Transcripts of the 1/4” sound reels were created by Face to Face Media for use during post-production. These audio transcripts include additional interview segments not found on the videocassettes and have been provided unedited. Sound reels were not transferred to Archives.Digitized by the The MediaPreserve. Access files created by University of Victoria Special Collections and University Archives. Metadata by Matt Innes.
- This material is made available on this site for research and private study only.
This page supports the Zotero and Mendeley browser extensions simply click on the extension widget in your browser to save the objects citation.