Posthumous papers of the Pickwick Club, no. 01Public
Tells the story of Samuel Pickwick, a good natured elderly gentleman, president of the Pickwick Club. With three other members of the club, Pickwick travels around the English countryside, where he becomes caught up in a series of comic adventures, and romantic and legal misunderstandings. Although light in tone, the novel foreshadows the social concerns that would emerge in Dickens' later work. Issued monthly from April 1836 to November 1837. Chapters 1-2: Chapter 1: The Pickwickians Chapter 2: The first day's journey, and the first evening's adventures; with their consequences
- In Collection:
- Call Number: PR4569 A1 1836
- University of Victoria Libraries Special Collections, PR4569 A1 1836
- 20 numbers in 19 volumes (xiv, 609 pages) ; 23 cm
- 52.16045, -0.70312
- Illustrated. First edition (but not first issued of all parts) with parts in their original state with paper wrappers.
- Victorian Serial Novels Collection
- June 17, 2008
- 300 dpi TIFF; no colour correction; archived in Cataloguing on DVD. Compressed from archive at 40% size and 150 dpi; saved as medium quality (5) jpg. Digitized by KM and CDW, technical metadata provided by KM and CDW, cataloguing metadata provided by GF and KD.
- Contact Special Collections and University Archives for access to the original. This material is made available on this site for research and private study only.
This page supports the Zotero and Mendeley browser extensions simply click on the extension widget in your browser to save the objects citation.