The "A" FramePublic
A graphite drawing by E.J. Hughes showing a logging A-Frame used to vertically hoist logs. The A-Frame is mounted on a Davis raft of boomed logs surrounded by floating logs and tree covered hills in the background. A note indicates this was drawn near Beattie Anchorage on Louise Island on Cumshewa Inlet, B.C. There are some notes about colours and what things are and the drawing is signed by Hughes and dated Aug 1953.
- In Collection:
- 1 sheet ; 22 x 30 cm
- 53.02965, -131.90186
- Graphite on paper. Signed by E.J. Hughes.
- E.J. Hughes Collection
- Accession Number: 2020-043 - Sketches, 1946-1947, 1965; Item: 86
- Special Collections finding aid: https://uvic2.coppul.archivematica.org/e-j-hughes-collection
- September 2023 to October 2023
- Scanned on Betterligt/TTI (600 DPI; 1/20; 263; Copy4Stops; camera height 1000) by PD. Metadata by KD.
- Copyright held by the E. J. Hughes Estate. Use of this material is permitted for research and private study purposes only to the UVic researcher community. For all other uses, contact University of Victoria Special Collections and University Archives.
This page supports the Zotero and Mendeley browser extensions simply click on the extension widget in your browser to save the objects citation.