Vancouver Island (subsequently part of British Columbia, now in Canada). Chart: 'Esquimalt Harbour surveyed by Capt. G. H. Richards & the Officers of H.M.S. Plumper 1858, the Interior from a Survey by J. D. Pemberton, Esqre., Surveyor General ...'. Scale: 1 inch to about 205 yards. Compass roses. Published at the Admiralty, 13 December 1861; corrected to 1876. Coloured MS additions show distances and a proposed dock. [Esquimalt, 1861; 1876; 1879]
- In Collection:
- Penfold Number: 457
- 1 sheet
- 48.43569, -123.41174
- 48.43753, -123.44191
- 53.99983, -125.0032
- 1858 to 1879
- Early BC Maps Collection
- National Archives of the UK
- Funded by a Canadian Council of Archives, Archival Community Digitization Program.
- National Archives Number: WO78-2311 (21)
- To accompany my report of this day's date, J.B. Lovell, Colonel C. R. Engineer, Halifax, N.S. 20th December 1879
- Watermarks added to images by KM, JF, and CDW. Metadata by CDW, April 30, 2010
- 600 dpi jpg
- These images are provided under license by The National Archives of the UK and cannot be reproduced or copied without their permission. To purchase high-resolution tiff files of these maps for publication, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: +44 (0)20 8392 5225. A scale of reproduction fees applies for commercial publication, exhibition display or TV broadcast. Details on request. Request should cite the National Archives Number. Infringement of the above condition may result in legal action. These images are provided for research only.
This page supports the Zotero and Mendeley browser extensions simply click on the extension widget in your browser to save the objects citation.