North America West Coast. Vancouver Island and the Gulf of Georgia : from the surveys of Captain G. Vancouver R.N. 1793, Captains D. Galiano and C. Valdes 1792, Captain H. Kellett R.N. 1847 ; Rosario and Haro Straits from the United States Coast Survey 1854. Hydrographic Office of the Admiralty, 1849, corrections to 1856; J. & C. Walker sculpt. Admiralty map 1917. [Vancouver Island, 1849; 1856] Insets: Engraved views from Cook's and Vancouver's Voyages. Relief shown by hachuring. Soundings in fathoms. Shows First Nations villages; forts; Vancouver's track; anchorages. MS notes in red describe terrain. Additional line extends Fraser and Thompson Rivers.
- In Collection:
- Penfold Number: 563
- 1 sheet
- Vancouver Island and the Strait of Georgia
- 48.56121, -122.75962
- 49.48262, -124.06723
- 53.99983, -125.0032
- 51N-47 10'N/130W-122W
- 49.65064, -125.44939
- 48.54876, -123.21918
- Early BC Maps Collection
- National Archives of the UK
- Funded by a Canadian Council of Archives, Archival Community Digitization Program.
- National Archives Number: FO925-1383
- April 12, 2010
- 600 dpi jpg
- Watermarks added to images by KM, JF, and CDW. Metadata by JTP May 5, 2010.
- These images are provided under license by The National Archives of the UK and cannot be reproduced or copied without their permission. To purchase high-resolution tiff files of these maps for publication, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: +44 (0)20 8392 5225. A scale of reproduction fees applies for commercial publication, exhibition display or TV broadcast. Details on request. Request should cite the National Archives Number. Infringement of the above condition may result in legal action. These images are provided for research only.
This page supports the Zotero and Mendeley browser extensions simply click on the extension widget in your browser to save the objects citation.