Washington Sound and Approaches, Washington TerritoryPublic
1 item (enclosure to HM High Commissioner's Secret despatch of 15 March 1871) extracted from FO 5/1300 (folio 205). 'U.S. Coast Survey A.D. Bache Superintendent. Washington Sound and Approaches, Washington Territory'. Also shows area in British Columbia along the Strait of Juan de Fuca and the Gulf of Georgia. Table of abbreviations; table of lighthouses; tide table; note on sources. Compass roses. Topography and hydrography executed between 1841 and 1850. Triangulated between 1853 and 1859. Electrotype copy no 1 by G Mathiot, US Coast Survey. Verified by J E Hilyard, USCS.
- In Collection:
- 1 sheet
- 49.48262, -124.06723
- 48.29674, -124.01225
- 53.99983, -125.0032
- 48.54876, -123.21918
- 48.58316, -122.96796
- 48.93502, -123.58864
- 47.50012, -120.50147
- 49 10'N-48N/123 50'W-122 20'W
- 1866 to 1871
- Early BC Maps Collection
- National Archives of the UK
- Funded by a Canadian Council of Archives, Archival Community Digitization Program.
- April 22, 2010
- Watermarks added to images by KM, JF, and CDW. Metadata by JTP May 3, 2010.
- 600 dpi jpg
- These images are provided under license by The National Archives of the UK and cannot be reproduced or copied without their permission. To purchase high-resolution tiff files of these maps for publication, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: +44 (0)20 8392 5225. A scale of reproduction fees applies for commercial publication, exhibition display or TV broadcast. Details on request. Request should cite the National Archives Number. Infringement of the above condition may result in legal action. These images are provided for research only.
This page supports the Zotero and Mendeley browser extensions simply click on the extension widget in your browser to save the objects citation.