Sixtus IV, born Francesco della Rovere, 1414-84. Pope 1471. Builder of the Sistine Chapel, which was named after him. Papal bull in his name, confirming Galeatio Marscotti in his position as Officiali Officialatus of the church of Saint Petronius in Bologna. Dated Rome, 18 Oct. 1471.
- In Collection:
- Shelf Mark: Doc.Brown.10
- 1 page oblong folio on vellum; 285 x 525 mm; with lead bulla of Sixtus IV
- Sixtus IV, Born Francesco della Rovere, 1414-84. Pope
- 41.89193, 12.51133
- In Latin in a good italic hand, with an attractive calligraphic first line. The lead bulla of Sixtus IV in fine condition is attached by the original pink and yellow plaited cords. A few small holes not affecting the sense of the text; the document is in generally excellent condition.
- Medieval and Early Modern Manuscripts Collection
- Donated by Bruce and Dorothy Brown.
- Bruce and Dorothy Brown Collection
- Special Collection Inventory: https://www.uvic.ca/library/locations/home/spcoll/collections/medieval/inventory.php.
- Archival finding aid: https://www.uvic.ca/library/locations/home/spcoll/findaids/brown_collection_manuscripts.pdf
- February 23, 2012
- Transcription completed by Seth Johnson, with corrections and amendments by Kenna Bathea, as part of coursework for a manuscripts studies class with Dr. Adrienne Williams Boyarin (ENGL), December 2016, available here: https://www.uvic.ca/library/locations/home/spcoll/documents/doc-brown-10_transcription.pdf
- Metadata by KD.
- Contact Special Collections and University Archives for access to the original manuscript and for reproduction requests (fee for reproductions). This material is made available on this site for research and private study only.
This page supports the Zotero and Mendeley browser extensions simply click on the extension widget in your browser to save the objects citation.