Videocassette consists of two major segments of recorded video. The first segment consists of scenes from a rodeo in Mount Currie, including bull rider Burt Williams, and many other Indigenous competitors. This segment runs from 01:48, and continues until 53:26. The second segment consists of scenes of Vancouver and the SkyTrain, as well as the exterior of Sir William MacDonald Elementary. The school has since been renamed χpey̓ Elementary School. This segment runs from 54:30, and continues until the end of the tape. The beginning of the tape also includes a very brief section of what is likely the camera being tested.
- In Collection:
- Archival tape: A13
- Rodeo - 45’, SkyTrain - 30’
- 50.31667, -122.71667
- 49.24966, -123.11934
- 1 videocassette : analog, col., Hi8
- Lorna Wánosts’a7 Williams Face to Face Media Collection
- Digitized in collaboration with the Steven Spielberg Jewish Film Archive at The Hebrew University of Jerusalem.
- Accession Number: 2017-057, Item: 2017-057-008-001
- Special Collections Finding Aid: https://uvic2.coppul.archivematica.org/face-to-face-media-fonds
- Digitized by the The MediaPreserve. Access files created by University of Victoria Special Collections and University Archives. Metadata by Matt Innes.
- This material is made available on this site for research and private study only.
This page supports the Zotero and Mendeley browser extensions simply click on the extension widget in your browser to save the objects citation.
|Mount Currie Rodeo / Vancouver SkyTrain – Video||Public|
|Mount Currie Rodeo / Vancouver SkyTrain – Cassette front||Public|
|Mount Currie Rodeo / Vancouver SkyTrain – Cassette side||Public|