Copy of Section of ""Map of Oregon and Upper California From the Surveys of John Charles Fremont and other AuthoritiesPublic
Copy of Section of ""Map of Oregon and Upper California From the Surveys of John Charles Fremont And other Authorities. Drawn by Charles Preuss Under the Order of the Senate of the United States Washington City 1848. Scale 1.3,000000"" Exhibiting the Boundary Line between the possessions of Great Britain and the United States as therein laid down'. Shows boundary through the Strait of Juan de Fuca and through the Arro Archipelago (Vancouver's Strait). Extracted from Colonial Office letter of 20 February 1854. Does not show any territory in the United States.
- In Collection:
- 1 sheet
- Map of Oregon and Upper California From the Surveys of John Charles Fremont And other Authorities
- 53.99983, -125.0032
- 39.76, -98.5
- 60.10867, -113.64258
- 49.65064, -125.44939
- 1848 to 1854
- Early BC Maps Collection
- National Archives of the UK
- Funded by a Canadian Council of Archives, Archival Community Digitization Program.
- April 22, 2010
- "Exhibiting the Boundary Line between the possessions of Great Britain and the United States as therein laid down".
- 600 dpi jpg
- Watermarks added to images by KM, JF, and CDW. Metadata by JTP May 3, 2010.
- These images are provided under license by The National Archives of the UK and cannot be reproduced or copied without their permission. To purchase high-resolution tiff files of these maps for publication, contact: email@example.com Tel: +44 (0)20 8392 5225. A scale of reproduction fees applies for commercial publication, exhibition display or TV broadcast. Details on request. Request should cite the National Archives Number. Infringement of the above condition may result in legal action. These images are provided for research only.
This page supports the Zotero and Mendeley browser extensions simply click on the extension widget in your browser to save the objects citation.