Single leaf from a sixteenth-century noted Breviary, with material for the feasts of St Gabriel the Archangel and St Joseph (March 18–19). Chants are: Vidit et sidus radians ab ortu, Archangelus Gabriel ait ad Mariam, and Illustris patriarcha Ioseph. On recto is hymn “Quemque pastores vigils adorant”, followed by Angelus, which continues to verso. Second unidentified hymn on verso.
- In Collection:
- Shelf Mark: Fragm.Lat.22
- 1 leaf ; 43.5 x 29.5 cm
- Red initials and rubrics, red staves.
- Script type: Southern Textualis.
- Square notation on five-line staves.
- Eight lines or music on recto, ten lines of music on verso. Staff lines and first letters are in red.
- One manuscript leaf on parchment.
- Medieval and Early Modern Manuscripts Collection
- Gift of Molly Ungar, 2017.
- Accession Number: 2017-033, Item: 1.1
- Fragmentarium: https://fragmentarium.ms/overview/F-popl
- Special Collections fonds: https://uvic2.coppul.archivematica.org/molly-ungar-collection
- Special Collections Inventory: https://www.uvic.ca/library/locations/home/spcoll/collections/medieval/fragm-lat-22.php
- August 15, 2022
- Scanned on Betterlight/TTI - 1/15; 283; bent5; camera 800 - 600DPI tiff archival scans by PD. Metadata by KD.
- Contact Special Collections and University Archives for access to the original. This material is made available on this site for research and private study only.
This page supports the Zotero and Mendeley browser extensions simply click on the extension widget in your browser to save the objects citation.