Dealings with the firm of Dombey and Son, no. 01Public
Follows the fortunes of a shipping firm owner, who is frustrated at the lack of a son to follow him in his footsteps; he initially rejects his daughter's love before eventually becoming reconciled with her before his death. The original parts issued from October 1846 to April 1848. Chapters 1-4: Chapter 1. Dombey and Son -- Chapter 2. In which timely provision is made for an emergency that will sometimes arise in the best regulated families -- Chapter 3. In which Mr. Dombey, as a man and a father, is seen at the head of the Home-Department -- Chapter 4. In which some more first appearances are made on the stage of these adventures
- In Collection:
- Call Number: PR4559 A1 1846
- University of Victoria Libraries Special Collections, PR4559 A1 1846
- 20 numbers in 19 volumes
- Dombey and Son
- 52.16045, -0.70312
- Victorian Serial Novels Collection
- Donor: Dr. Claude E. Emery
- August 23, 2010
- 24 bit color 150 dpi med quality (5) JPG; 24 bit color 400 dpi BMP; scanned and compressed by CDW/SR/MM; metadata by GF and KD.
- Contact Special Collections and University Archives for access to the original. This material is made available on this site for research and private study only.
This page supports the Zotero and Mendeley browser extensions simply click on the extension widget in your browser to save the objects citation.