'The writer was led of begin investigating the origin of names on the coast of British Columbia, through travelling for years, in command of the Canadian Government ship Quadra, between the strait of Juan de Fuca and Dixon entrance. On these cruises he was often asked the names of geographical features, and the origin of those names. Notes made from time to time led to further investigation, the present volume being the result.' Published by order of Honourable L.P. Brodeur, minister of Marine and Fisheries of Canada, for the Geographic Board of Canada. Includes bibliographical references and errata. Addenda and corrigenda, and folded map of British Columbia, at end of book.
- In Collection:
- GVPL Call Number: 917.11 WAL
- xvi, 546 p.,  leaves of plates : illustrations, map, portrait ; 24 cm.
- 53.99983, -125.0032
- Greater Victoria Public Library Local History Collection
- Greater Victoria Public Library
- February 28, 2014
- Technical metadata provided by JF, cataloguing metadata provided by GF and KD.
- Images are available on this site for private use. For all other uses or access to the original please contact the Greater Victoria Public Library.
This page supports the Zotero and Mendeley browser extensions simply click on the extension widget in your browser to save the objects citation.
|British Columbia coast names||2020-12-17||Public||