Chiefly from Vancouver's survey in 1792, corrected from a Russian Chart from 1849 and by Inskip in 1854, it is noted that there are some large differences between these surveys so portions of this chart will be in error. Published at the Hydrographic Office of the Admiralty in London and engraved by J.&C. Walker this chart shows the coast along the mainland starting from the northern tip of Vancouver Island and up to Cordova Bay including the Queen Charlotte Islands (Haida Gwaii). Detailed relief markings show the land forms along the coasts along with some notes and soundings recorded in fathoms are throughout the areas of water. Many place names are labelled with one small area on Moresby Island highlighted in red and labelled Ko-Keedah Island.
- In Collection:
- Historical Map Society of B.C. Map Number: 1260
- LSV Number: 11T1CH
- 1 sheet ; 50 x 64 cm
- Vancouver Island to Cordova Bay
- 49.75152, -126.48958
- 54.85083, -132.56639
- 52.34956, -131.43659
- Land Title and Survey Authority of British Columbia Maps
- Surveyor General of BC, Legal Surveys Vault
- November 25, 2011
- 400 dpi; Metadata by KD
- This material is owned by the Land Title and Survey Authority of British Columbia (LTSA). The Cartographic Record of this digital image is in the possession of the Surveyor General Division, LTSA. Any reproduction of this material must credit the Land Title and Survey Authority of British Columbia as the source for this record. To purchase high-resolution scanned files of these maps and plans, contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Request should cite the LTSA Surveyor General's Vault map number (eg. 16T1 Land Reserves).
This page supports the Zotero and Mendeley browser extensions simply click on the extension widget in your browser to save the objects citation.