Victoria Harbour by the Officers of H.M.S. PlumperPublic
This map was to accompany a report to the Victoria Harbour Commission and shows Victoria Harbour with soundings recorded in feet throughout the water. Some of the harbour is divided into sections that correspond to a list of the quantity of excavation needed to deepen those areas given in cubic yards. Relief markings show the land forms along the coast and places named include Harrison Island, Maclaughlin Point, Rose Bay, Works Rocks, Berens Island, Coffin Island, Colville Island, Songhees Indians, James Bay, Shoal Point, and Laurel Point.
- In Collection:
- LSV Number: 2 Locker 12
- Historical Map Society of B.C. Map Number: 1748
- British Columbia Archives Cartographic Material Number (BCAR CM): A1889
- 1 sheet ; 96 x 130 cm
- 48.4359, -123.35155
- Scale: 200 yards to 4 cables
- Land Title and Survey Authority of British Columbia Maps
- Surveyor General of BC, Legal Surveys Vault
- September 25, 2018
- 300 dpi; Metadata by KD
- This material is owned by the Land Title and Survey Authority of British Columbia (LTSA). The Cartographic Record of this digital image is in the possession of the Surveyor General Division, LTSA. Any reproduction of this material must credit the Land Title and Survey Authority of British Columbia as the source for this record. To purchase high-resolution scanned files of these maps and plans, contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Request should cite the LTSA Surveyor General's Vault map number (eg. 16T1 Land Reserves).
This page supports the Zotero and Mendeley browser extensions simply click on the extension widget in your browser to save the objects citation.