Chart of the west coast of North America either side of the forty-ninth parallelPublic
Chart of the west coast of North America either side of the forty-ninth parallel: shows soundings in the Strait of Georgia and the Fraser River; canoe route up the Fraser River; camp of the United States boundary surveying party; proposed anchorage for HMS Satellite to survey the area south of 49N. Topographical notes. Notes on the survey. Scale: 1 inch to about 1.5 miles. Drawn by J. Roberts, draughtsman. Extracted from Capt J C Prevost's despatch no 4 of 12 August 1857 to Lord Clarendon. [Georgia, Strait, 1857]
- In Collection:
- Penfold Number: 478
- 1 sheet
- West coast of North America
- 49.11636, -123.18594
- 49 20'N-48 50'N/123 10'W-122 50'W
- 47.50012, -120.50147
- Early BC Maps Collection
- National Archives of the UK
- Funded by a Canadian Council of Archives, Archival Community Digitization Program.
- National Archives Number: MPK1-66 (1)
- April 22, 2010
- 600 dpi jpg
- Watermarks added to images by KM, JF, and CDW. Metadata by JTP May 3, 2010.
- These images are provided under license by The National Archives of the UK and cannot be reproduced or copied without their permission. To purchase high-resolution tiff files of these maps for publication, contact: email@example.com Tel: +44 (0)20 8392 5225. A scale of reproduction fees applies for commercial publication, exhibition display or TV broadcast. Details on request. Request should cite the National Archives Number. Infringement of the above condition may result in legal action. These images are provided for research only.
This page supports the Zotero and Mendeley browser extensions simply click on the extension widget in your browser to save the objects citation.