Folium from a medieval Bible, II Kings 16:5-17:8, French (Paris) s. xiiimed (mid-thirteenth century); university book production?
- In Collection:
- Shelf Mark: Fragm.Lat.7
- 1 page ; vellum, 139 x 89 mm (98 x 60 mm)
- 48.85341, 2.3488
- Latin text in Gothic script (littera minscula gothica textualis rotunda media); ruled in plummet for two columns of writing; double bounding-lines for title and top line of writing-frame; corrected by same hand. Decoration consists in the following: a single pen-flourished littera notabilioris, a D, in blue and red; running header (REGUM of which RE- is visible) in alternating letters of blue and red; indications of chapter in alternating Roman numerals of red and blue; opening letter of each sentence rubricated.
- Medieval and Early Modern Manuscripts Collection
- 1994-013, Item 4
- Medieval Studies Collection
- Special Collection Inventory: https://www.uvic.ca/library/locations/home/spcoll/collections/medieval/inventory.php.
- Archival finding aid: https://uvic2.coppul.archivematica.org/medieval-studies-collection
- February 23, 2012
- Metadata by KD.
- Contact Special Collections and University Archives for access to the original manuscript and for reproduction requests (fee for reproductions). This material is made available on this site for research and private study only.
This page supports the Zotero and Mendeley browser extensions simply click on the extension widget in your browser to save the objects citation.