Receipt by Peter de Marthelay received from John de Hawkesworth, rector of the church of Gyselay [Guisley] fifty shillings for rent of Lofthouse in Sualeyngmor in London. Feast of St Martin [11th November], 1361. Lofthouse, 3 miles north of Wakefield.
- In Collection:
- Shelf Mark: Doc.Lat.4
- 7 lines on vellum; 64 x 203 mm; with one red wax seal
- 51.50853, -0.12574
- Seal is of a lion rampant with good impression, with tie, folds, slightly creased, small stain on lower edge.
- Medieval and Early Modern Manuscripts Collection
- Purchased from Monte Cristo Rare Books.
- Early Documents collection
- Special Collection Inventory: https://www.uvic.ca/library/locations/home/spcoll/collections/medieval/inventory.php.
- Archival finding aid: https://uvic2.coppul.archivematica.org/early-documents-collection
- May 8, 2015
- Metadata by KD.
- Contact Special Collections and University Archives for access to the original manuscript and for reproduction requests (fee for reproductions). This material is made available on this site for research and private study only.
This page supports the Zotero and Mendeley browser extensions simply click on the extension widget in your browser to save the objects citation.