Vancouver Island (subsequently part of British Columbia, now in Canada); United States of America: Washington Territory. 'North America West Coast. Haro Strait and Middle Channel surveyed by Capt. G. H. Richards & the Officers of H.M.S. Plumper 1858-60 ...'. Scale: 1 inch to 1 nautical mile. Compass roses. Published by the Admiralty, 26 November 1861; corrected to 1876. Insets: four views of the coast. Coloured MS additions show proposed defence lines and the boundary between British and American territory. [Haro Strait and Middle Channel, 1860; 1876; 1879]
- In Collection:
- Penfold Number: 480
- 1 sheet
- 48.4359, -123.35155
- 48.54876, -123.21918
- Early BC Maps Collection
- National Archives of the UK
- Funded by a Canadian Council of Archives, Archival Community Digitization Program.
- National Archives Number: WO78-2311 (18)
- April 12, 2010
- To accompany my report of this day's date, J.B. Lovell, Colonel C. R. Engineer, Halifax, N.S. 20th December 1879
- 600 dpi jpg
- Watermarks added to images by KM, JF, and CDW. Metadata by CDW, April 30, 2010
- These images are provided under license by The National Archives of the UK and cannot be reproduced or copied without their permission. To purchase high-resolution tiff files of these maps for publication, contact: email@example.com Tel: +44 (0)20 8392 5225. A scale of reproduction fees applies for commercial publication, exhibition display or TV broadcast. Details on request. Request should cite the National Archives Number. Infringement of the above condition may result in legal action. These images are provided for research only.
This page supports the Zotero and Mendeley browser extensions simply click on the extension widget in your browser to save the objects citation.