1 item (originally to illustrate 'Memorandum respecting the Island of San Juan') extracted from ADM 1/5720. Plan illustrating proposals for a boundary between British and United States' possesions, in the vicinity of Vancouver Island and the mainland around San Juan Island [now in Washington State, United States of America]. Reference table to proposed boundary lines. Scale: 1 inch to 3.2 miles (calculated). A note reads 'Copied from a reconnaissance by the officers of the U.S. Navy in 1854 with the exception of the lines drawn through the channels'. Initialled by 'G.H.R', HMS Plumper, 3 December 1857 and signed by James [?Prevost], Captain HMS Satellite. Titles supplied by cataloger.
- In Collection:
- 1 sheet
- San Juan Islands and surrounding area
- 49.65064, -125.44939
- 60.10867, -113.64258
- 49.48262, -124.06723
- 39.76, -98.5
- 48.58316, -122.96796
- 48.93502, -123.58864
- 1854 to 1857
- Early BC Maps Collection
- National Archives of the UK
- Funded by a Canadian Council of Archives, Archival Community Digitization Program.
- Watermarks added to images by KM, JF, and CDW. Metadata by JTP April 28, 2010.
- 600 dpi jpg
- These images are provided under license by The National Archives of the UK and cannot be reproduced or copied without their permission. To purchase high-resolution tiff files of these maps for publication, contact: email@example.com Tel: +44 (0)20 8392 5225. A scale of reproduction fees applies for commercial publication, exhibition display or TV broadcast. Details on request. Request should cite the National Archives Number. Infringement of the above condition may result in legal action. These images are provided for research only.
This page supports the Zotero and Mendeley browser extensions simply click on the extension widget in your browser to save the objects citation.