Transvestia, Vol. 03, No. 15 ([June?] 1962)Public
Downloadable ContentDownload PDF
Transvestia was published between 1960 and 1986 by Chevalier Publications in Los Angeles. It was created by Virginia Prince and edited by Prince for the first 100 issues. From the 101st issue until the final publication in 1986 (issue 111) the publication was edited by Carol Beecroft. Transvestia was "published by, for and about transvestites to provide them with: Entertainment--Education--Expression by means of fiction, articles of opinion, true experiences etc. Its purpose is to help its readers to promote: Understanding--Acceptance--Peace of Mind. It's policy is to limit its scope of coverage and interest to the field of the heterosexual transvestite." (Transvestia, no.25, 1964).
- In Collection:
- Call Number: HQ77.T73
- 88 pages
- Celebrate the gentle art of being a woman. Because being a woman - is everything.
- For the heterosexual crossdresser
- Outlet and outlook on the subject of fascinating attire
- illustrations, photographs
- Transvestia was a part of the library holdings of the Rikki Swin Institute: Gender Education, Research, Library and Archives (RSI), located in Chicago, Illinois. Dedicated to transgender research and education, it opened to the public on March 22, 2001, to coincide with the 15th Annual Conference of the International Foundation for Gender Education. The Institute closed in December 2004. The Institute had four objectives: the housing of a library and archives; conference co-sponsorship; digital video education; and research. The RSI collection was donated by Rikki Swin to the University of Victoria Libraries in 2008, and is a foundational resource of UVic’s Transgender Archives.
- University of Victoria Chair in Transgender Studies
- University of Victoria Transgender Archives
- January 2017
- Scanned on the Opticbook A300, 600 dpi tiff.
- This item is in copyright and has been made available for research and study. For other uses, contact UVic Special Collections and University Archives.
This page supports the Zotero and Mendeley browser extensions simply click on the extension widget in your browser to save the objects citation.
|Transvestia, Vol. 03, No. 15 ([June?] 1962)||2019-02-12||Public||