A sketch by Chief Justice Begbie and O'Hare and traced by Launders of the area including Mitchells Lake, the North and East Forks of Quesnel Lake along with Great Quesnel Lake and its False North Arm, Spanish Lake, Cariboo Lake, Lightning Creek, and Beaver Lake. Includes the names of many creeks, lakes, and settlements surrounding those larger bodies of water including Barkerville, Cameronton, Little Lake, Mount Begbie, Forks Town, and Otter River to only name a few. There are also notes about the land cover and features like camps, limestone bluffs, swamps, trails, a lighthouse, bridges, mountains, peaks, and slides.
- In Collection:
- Historical Map Society of B.C. Map Number: 2179
- LSV Number: 23T3MISC
- 1 sheet ; 50 x 55 cm
- Sketch Map of Cariboo & Quesnelmth by Chief Justice Begbie 1869
- 52.76799, -121.36105
- 52.50833, -120.93889
- 53.08322, -121.56949
- 52.88083, -120.61972
- 52.58, -121.38667
- Land Title and Survey Authority of British Columbia Maps
- Surveyor General of BC, Legal Surveys Vault
- August 8, 2012
- 400 dpi; Metadata by KD
- This material is owned by the Land Title and Survey Authority of British Columbia (LTSA). The Cartographic Record of this digital image is in the possession of the Surveyor General Division, LTSA. Any reproduction of this material must credit the Land Title and Survey Authority of British Columbia as the source for this record. To purchase high-resolution scanned files of these maps and plans, contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Request should cite the LTSA Surveyor General's Vault map number (eg. 16T1 Land Reserves).
This page supports the Zotero and Mendeley browser extensions simply click on the extension widget in your browser to save the objects citation.