The Nanaimo, Cranberry, Cedar, and Mountain Districts on Vancouver Island. Has a numbered grid with different colours and a legend with explanation of colours that mean sold, pre-empted, or government reserve. Relief and other markings show the land cover and there is a small inset map that is an index to all the districts on Vancouver Island. Some of the features included are as follows: Trout Lakes, Fish Hook Lake, Trois Bras Lake, Skookwatch or the Rapids, Northumberland Channel, Chase River, Nanaimo Harbour, Colviletown, Douglas Island, Newcastle Island, Departure Bay, Wakesiah or Taitooktan Mountain, and Millstone River. Under the Cedar District title it says "Lithographed at the Topographical Depot of the War Office under the direction of Major A.C. Cook, R.E. Col. H. James, R.E., F.R.S., M.R.I.A. & C Director".
- Historical Map Society of B.C. Map Number: 1762
- LSV Number: 5T1LR
- 1 sheet ; 65 x 80 cm
- Map of Pre-emptions, sales & reserves. Nan, Ced, Mtn, Cran
- 49.16638, -123.94003
- Scale: 2 Inches = 1 Mile
- Land Title and Survey Authority of British Columbia: Early British Columbia Maps
- Surveyor General of BC, Legal Surveys Vault
- September 30, 2011
- Cataloguing metadata: Provided by the LTSA and adapted by the University of Victoria Libraries to their requirements.
- For permission to publish or otherwise reproduce, or to purchase a high-resolution digital file, please contact the LTSA at firstname.lastname@example.org. Reproductions must credit the LTSA as the source and cite the Surveyor General Vault map number or other unique identifier listed on this catalogue record.
This page supports the Zotero and Mendeley browser extensions simply click on the extension widget in your browser to save the objects citation.