Deed, 1571 (Copy)Public
Copy of an indenture between George Symons and George Corkoram, both of Colompton, Devon, drafted at the Inner Temple of London. No evidence of the witness signatures which were present on the other copy, further identifying this document as the copy.
- In Collection:
- Shelf Mark: Doc.Eng.5
- 4 sheets ; 55 x 67 mm
- 50.75, -3.75
- 51.50853, -0.12574
- 50.8552, -3.3929
- Four large sheets of parchment, main text on one side of each sheet in black ink, written in an Elizabethan secretary hand. Little remains of a red wax seal which once hung from the document, likely of a similar nature to the original. Document features extensive damage especially when compared to original copy, with many areas of text on some pages rendered illegible.
- Medieval and Early Modern Manuscripts Collection
- Accession Number: 2019-070, Item: 2
- Special Collections Fonds: https://uvic2.coppul.archivematica.org/early-modern-manuscripts-collection
- Special Collections Inventory: https://www.uvic.ca/library/locations/home/spcoll/collections/medieval/doc-eng-5.php
- February 2020
- This four page manuscript has significant water damage and wear from being stored folded. It was unfolded and placed under slightly raised glass for three days but still proved difficult to work with.Due to the fragility, we were hesitant to further unfold and compress the item under glass. There are areas that are unreadable due to shadows and/or folds. After consulting the archivist, the decision was made to scan only the front page.Scanned on Betterlight/TTI at 600 dpi TIFF (1/15; 230; bent5 tone; height 900) by PD. Metadata by KD.
- Contact Special Collections and University Archives for access to the original. This material is made available on this site for research and private study only.
This page supports the Zotero and Mendeley browser extensions simply click on the extension widget in your browser to save the objects citation.