Consists of clippings; including illustrations; from newspapers and journals relating to gender identity. Clippings may or may not contain source information. Identifiable sources include Daily Mail; Daily Mirror; The Times; Evening Mail; Evening News; Evening Standard; Daily Telegraph; Sunday Mirror; The Guardian; The Observer; News of the World. The scrapbook is hand-numbered 10 on upper right hand corner of cover.
- In Collection:
- 32 pages
- "What's up, Mary?"; "You've got so tough; all of a sudden"; "I'm sure more marriages could be patched up if it wasn't so easy for a woman to walk out on a man and get so much money from him"; "With most men I think there's one heck of an outlay for a very small return"; "Your father would sit on my knee and we'd kiss and cuddle"
- 52.48142, -1.89983; 51.50853, -0.12574; 43.00035, -75.4999
- Includes inserts.
- Transgender Scrapbooks
- Donated by Richard Ekins.
- University of Victoria Chair in Transgender Studies
- University of Victoria Transgender Archives
- Finding aid for archival fonds: https://www.uvic.ca/transgenderarchives/assets/docs/Ekins%20Box%20List.pdf
- April 1, 2017
- Scanned using TTI BetterLight at 600dpi tiffs. Scanning, editing performed by CDeWolfe. No colour correction. Archived on Library server.
- Contact Special Collections and University Archives for access to the original manuscript and for reproduction requests (firstname.lastname@example.org). This material is made available on this site for research and private study only.
This page supports the Zotero and Mendeley browser extensions simply click on the extension widget in your browser to save the objects citation.