"Army Service Corps waiting to embark at Quebec", The War Pictorial, p.74Public
Photograph taken by J. A. Millar from an album depicting scenes of the Canadian Expeditionary Force at Valcartier Camp, at Quebec, and at Gaspe Harbour immediately prior to sailing to Britain in 1914. Millar was a staff photographer of the Montreal Daily Star and produced the album in 1915. Titles of photos are largely captions from the newspaper articles within which they appeared.
- In Collection:
- Canada. Canadian Forces Base (Valcartier, Québec)
- War photography
- Canada. Canadian Army
- Artillery drill and tactics
- Armed Forces--Artillery
- Canada. Canadian Army. Royal Regiment of Canadian Artillery
- Canada. Canadian Army. Canadian Field Artillery
- Military training camps
- World War (1914-1918)
- Canada. Canadian Army. Canadian Expeditionary Force
- 1 black and white photograph
- 52.00017, -71.99907
- World War One Photographs by J. A. Millar
- Accession Number: 1999-033; Series: Photo Albums; Subseries: 3; Item: 2.1 (Oversize)
- Special Collections Finding Aid: https://uvic2.coppul.archivematica.org/william-okell-holden-dodds-fonds
- February 23, 2012
- 600 dpi TIFF. Migration metadata by KD.
- This material may be protected by copyright. Personal use of this material is without restriction but acknowledgement of Special Collections and University Archives, University of Victoria is requested whether the use is oral, web or in print. Commercial use of any portion of this material requires permission from Special Collections and University Archives.
This page supports the Zotero and Mendeley browser extensions simply click on the extension widget in your browser to save the objects citation.
|Army Service Corps waiting to embark at Quebec||2021-10-05||Public||