Consists of clippings; including illustrations; from newspapers and journals relating to gender identity. Clippings may or may not contain source information. Identifiable sources include Woman's own; Daily Mirror; The Observer; The Guardian; Recruitment; Cosmopolitan man; Daily mail; Evening standard; Daily news; The Times; Daily Express; Evening News; Daily Telegraph; The Observer; abd Time Out. The scrapbook is hand-numbered 11 on upper right corner of cover.
- In Collection:
- 36 pages
- "Baby--That's liberation!"; "As a women's liberationist; I had abhorred the institution of the family ... it was only when I had a child myself that I saw the point of it all." (by Mary Kenny); "Are you as well endowed as the next man?"; "No cool cat's going to stop me wearing what I want to wear"; "No man's going to stop me wearing what I want to wear"
- 52.48142, -1.89983; 51.50853, -0.12574
- Includes inserts.
- Transgender Scrapbooks
- Donated by Richard Ekins.
- University of Victoria Chair in Transgender Studies
- University of Victoria Transgender Archives
- The University of Ulster Trans-Gender Archives
- Finding aid for archival fonds: https://www.uvic.ca/transgenderarchives/assets/docs/Ekins%20Box%20List.pdf
- April 1, 2017
- Scanned using TTI BetterLight at 600dpi tiffs. Scanning, editing performed by CDeWolfe. No colour correction or image size editing. Archived on Library server.
- Contact Special Collections and University Archives for access to the original manuscript and for reproduction requests (email@example.com). This material is made available on this site for research and private study only.
This page supports the Zotero and Mendeley browser extensions simply click on the extension widget in your browser to save the objects citation.