列聖宮

Public

Photo showing the name "列聖宮" (Palace of the Saints) spelled out on a pewter altar vase. The Palace of the Saints is not dedicated to any religion. It is essentially an expression of traditional Chinese philosophy and customs, recognizing virtues through paying respect and honour to the deserving. In this way, people are encouraged toward worthy actions. Main alter and shrine of the Palace of the Saints were created in South China and brought to Victoria in 1885. After serving for many years in the CCBA headquarters at 560 Fisgard Street, the Palace of the Saint was relocated to the Chinese Public School on the third-floor meeting hall in May 1966 in Victoria, B.C.

In Collection:
Contributor Subject Language Identifier
  • 38palace
Date created Resource type Rights statement Extent
  • 1 colour photograph
Alternative title
  • Palace of the Saints
Geographic coverage Coordinates
  • 48.4294, -123.3679
  • 48.4359, -123.35155
Physical repository Collection
  • Victoria’s Chinatown, a gateway to the past and present of Chinese Canadians
Provider Genre Is referenced by Date digitized
  • 2012
Technical note
  • Cataloguing metadata provided by MH. Migration metadata by MT.
DOI
Rights
  • Copyright held by Robert Amos. Permission granted for use on Victoria’s Chinatown website only. For all other uses please contact the copyright holder. These images are provided with the consent of Robert Amos, and cannot be reproduced or copied without his permission.

This page supports the Zotero and Mendeley browser extensions simply click on the extension widget in your browser to save the objects citation.