Cowichan District, Indian ReservePublic
A re-survey of the Cowichan and Quamichan Districts on Vancouver Island. The districts are overlayed by a numbered grid and are criss-crossed by rivers and trails. One rectangle on the gris is outlined in red and labeled "Addition 1869". The rivers and other bodies of water include the Cowichan Rover, Somenos Slough, Kokesailah River, and Cowichan Bay. There are notes describing the land cover including what the soils are like, swamps, prairie, what trees are present, gardens, timber, potato patches, and which areas occasionally flood. Several buildings and other features are labelled including a church, parsonae, mariner's fence, and the Quamichan Long Bridge. There are remarks mentioning the removal of posts and adding posts on the corners of the reserve marked with "IND. RES." and numbers.
- In Collection:
- LSV Number: 3T1a IR
- Historical Map Society of B.C. Map Number: 2180
- 1 sheet ; 37 x 47 cm
- Cowichan District. Indian Reserve. Re-Survey May, 1867.
- 48.74963, -123.61935
- 48.75585, -123.63816
- Scale: 20 Chains to an Inch
- Land Title and Survey Authority of British Columbia Maps
- Surveyor General of BC, Legal Surveys Vault
- September 30, 2011
- 400 dpi; Metadata by KD
- This material is owned by the Land Title and Survey Authority of British Columbia (LTSA). The Cartographic Record of this digital image is in the possession of the Surveyor General Division, LTSA.Any reproduction of this material must credit the Land Title and Survey Authority of British Columbia as the source for this record.To purchase high-resolution scanned files of these maps and plans, contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Request should cite the LTSA Surveyor General's Vault map number (eg. 16T1 Land Reserves).
This page supports the Zotero and Mendeley browser extensions simply click on the extension widget in your browser to save the objects citation.