Vancouver Island Colony Mountain District (Rough Sketch)Public
The Mountain District with a numbered grid on it located on Vancouver Island near the Nanaimo and Cranberry Districts. Relief and other markings show the land cover and there is a small inset map that is an index to all the districts on Vancouver Island. Under the title it says "Lithographed at the Topographical Depot of the War Office under the direction of Major A.C. Cook, R.E. Col. H. James, R.E., F.R.S., M.R.I.A. & C Director". There is a hand-written legend with proposed roads, repairs and present roads shown with different coloured and dotted lines but only a small section of road in need of repair is on the map itself. Some of the features named on the map include: Chase River, Nanaimo Harbour, Colvilletown, Delta Plains, Mouth of the Nanaimo River, Douglas Island, Newcastle Island, Departure Bay, and Wakesiah or Taitooktan Mountain. Includes hand-written notes on the reverse side of the map.
- LSV Number: 5T1RT
- Historical Map Society of B.C. Map Number: 1387
- 1 sheet ; 43 x 69 cm
- Mountain "20A"
- 49.16638, -123.94003
- Scale: 2 Inches = 1 mile
- Land Title and Survey Authority of British Columbia: Early British Columbia Maps
- Surveyor General of BC, Legal Surveys Vault
- September 30, 2011
- Cataloguing metadata: Provided by the LTSA and adapted by the University of Victoria Libraries to their requirements.
- For permission to publish or otherwise reproduce, or to purchase a high-resolution digital file, please contact the LTSA at firstname.lastname@example.org. Reproductions must credit the LTSA as the source and cite the Surveyor General Vault map number or other unique identifier listed on this catalogue record.
This page supports the Zotero and Mendeley browser extensions simply click on the extension widget in your browser to save the objects citation.