[Trail to Kootanais]Public
A rough sketch of a trail taken from sketches of Mr. Begbie and Mr. Dewdney. The trail goes along the U.S.-Canada border starting from Boundary Creek, moving along the Kettle River, past Christina Lake, along different trails including the Dewdney Trail to where the Columbia and the Pend D'Oreille Rivers meet, along the Pend Orielle River up to Salmon River, and along a trail in a mountain valley ending at the Kootenai/Kootenay Lake and River. All along the route at certain points there are notes with different measurements like heights and the dates in October 1865 that they reached those points along with some relief markings and points of interest like ferries, Fort Sheppard, and the land cover (e.g. prairie, grass, hills etc.).
- LSV Number: 15T3MISC
- Historical Map Society of B.C. Map Number: 1989
- 1 sheet ; 35 x 75 cm
- 49.12944, -118.255
- 49.00404, -117.6189
- 48.99978, -118.769
- 49.03314, -117.38549
- 49.00381, -117.61775
- 49.01229, -118.33148
- 49.7125, -116.88333
- 49.24987, -116.68543
- Scale: 4 Miles to 1 inch
- Land Title and Survey Authority of British Columbia: Early British Columbia Maps
- Surveyor General of BC, Legal Surveys Vault
- November 30, 2011
- Cataloguing metadata: Provided by the LTSA and adapted by the University of Victoria Libraries to their requirements.
- For permission to publish or otherwise reproduce, or to purchase a high-resolution digital file, please contact the LTSA at firstname.lastname@example.org. Reproductions must credit the LTSA as the source and cite the Surveyor General Vault map number or other unique identifier listed on this catalogue record.
This page supports the Zotero and Mendeley browser extensions simply click on the extension widget in your browser to save the objects citation.