The land next to Departure Bay and between the Wellington and Mountain Districts in Nanaimo on Vancouver Island surveyed by Mohun in October 1870 and plotted and drawn by Launders on March 6th, 1871. Brenan's Lake, Long Lake, Diver Lake, and Small Creek are present along with a proposed tramway, Comox Road, trails, coal mines, and some information about the land cover like swamps and cedar and hemlock trees. The land is divided into different alphanumeric plots including ones for John Christy and Wm. Hughes' pre-emption adjacent to Departure Bay and one for the Dunsmuir Coal Reserve located next to Diver Lake, two tramways, a school lot, other coal mines, and swamps. There are measurements for acres and a small inset map for West Rocks in the vicinity of Departure Bay that has a Post and a Beacon on it.
- In Collection:
- Historical Map Society of B.C. Map Number: 2231
- LSV Number: 4T1ECVI
- 1 sheet ; 45 x 60 cm
- East Coast Vancouver Island; Survey of Dunsmuir & Co.'s Coal Claim, Wm Hughe's Pre-emption and John Christy's Land
- 49.16638, -123.94003
- Scale: 20 Chains = 1 Inch
- Land Title and Survey Authority of British Columbia Maps
- Surveyor General of BC, Legal Surveys Vault
- August 10, 2012
- 300 dpi; Metadata by KD
- This material is owned by the Land Title and Survey Authority of British Columbia (LTSA). The Cartographic Record of this digital image is in the possession of the Surveyor General Division, LTSA. Any reproduction of this material must credit the Land Title and Survey Authority of British Columbia as the source for this record. To purchase high-resolution scanned files of these maps and plans, contact email@example.com. Request should cite the LTSA Surveyor General's Vault map number (eg. 16T1 Land Reserves).
This page supports the Zotero and Mendeley browser extensions simply click on the extension widget in your browser to save the objects citation.