A typescript of Peggy's diary form December 8, 1941 to February 3, 1942 and March 4, 1943 to September 12, 1945. "Mrs. Peggy Pemberton-Carter, ..., Victoria, B.C., Canada" is under the title on cover. Part of the diary was written when she was interned by the Japanese in the Lunghua Civil Assembly Centre in Shanghai. A separate piece of paper in the front titled “Last paragraph of a piggery report ... May 11, 1944” contains a note about the writing of the manuscript.
- In Collection:
- 1 volume, 134 pages ; typescript
- 48.4359, -123.35155
- Abkhazi Archives Collection
- Item: 1.2
- Series 1, Peggy Pemberton-Carter to 1946
- Accession Number: 1990-068
- Peggy Abkhazi fonds
- Finding aid for archival fonds: https://uvic2.coppul.archivematica.org/peggy-abkhazi-fonds
- November 25, 2008
- 300 dpi TIFF; no colour correction. Scanned and edited by KM and CDW. Metadata provided by MH and KD.
- Contact Special Collections and University Archives for access to the original manuscript and for reproduction requests (fee for reproductions). This material is made available on this site for research and private study only.
This page supports the Zotero and Mendeley browser extensions simply click on the extension widget in your browser to save the objects citation.