The Cowichan and surrounding electoral districts including the Chemanis, Somenos, Comiaken, Quamichan, and Shawnigan Districts. They are all covered in alphanumeric grids with some of the plots of land on the grid outlined in red and containing the last name of the owner. There is a note saying that Saltspring Island is on a separate sheet. There are many features labeled on the map including a road surveyed by Mr. Patterson in 1868, Mill Creek Bay, Saanich Inlet, Cowichan Bay, Cowichan Point, Sansum Narrows, Maple Bay, Quamichan Lake, Mt. Prevost Lake, Stuart Channel, and a couple of wharves. There are some notes about the land cover and some sketches of buildings.
- In Collection:
- LSV Number: 6T1LD
- Cowichan Electoral District Saltspring Island
- 48.83292, -124.21941
- Scale: 1 1/2 inches equal one mile
- Land Title and Survey Authority of British Columbia Maps
- Surveyor General of BC, Legal Surveys Vault
- December 30, 2009
- 400 dpi; Metadata by KD
- This material is owned by the Land Title and Survey Authority of British Columbia (LTSA). The Cartographic Record of this digital image is in the possession of the Surveyor General Division, LTSA. Any reproduction of this material must credit the Land Title and Survey Authority of British Columbia as the source for this record. To purchase high-resolution scanned files of these maps and plans, contact email@example.com. Request should cite the LTSA Surveyor General's Vault map number (eg. 16T1 Land Reserves).
This page supports the Zotero and Mendeley browser extensions simply click on the extension widget in your browser to save the objects citation.