Sandon Manor Document, 1669Public
Document makes an inventory of the Sandon estate, situates it within the locale in regards to landmarks etc. and details who will inherit the property from the current owner (hereditary). The beginning of the text is in Latin, switching into English for the majority of the page before switching back to Latin for the ending.
- In Collection:
- Shelf Mark: Doc.Eng.2
- 1 sheet ; 34 x 30 mm
- Maneru(m) de Sandon / cum Suffnall (et) Cromer
- A single sheet of parchment folded into eighths, with writing in black ink all on one side with details written on the verso of one fold (intended as a label when the sheet is folded up).
- Writing is in a late secretary hand.
- Medieval and Early Modern Manuscripts Collection
- Accession Number: 2019-070, Item: 5
- Special Collections Inventory: https://www.uvic.ca/library/locations/home/spcoll/collections/medieval/doc-eng-3.php
- Special Collections Fonds: https://uvic2.coppul.archivematica.org/early-modern-manuscripts-collection
- Scanned on Betterlight/TTI at 600 dpi TIFF (1/15; 263; bent5 tone; height 700) by PD. Metadata by KD.
- Contact Special Collections and University Archives for access to the original. This material is made available on this site for research and private study only.
This page supports the Zotero and Mendeley browser extensions simply click on the extension widget in your browser to save the objects citation.