Victoria and Esquimalt with the land divided into numbered plots of land and named streets. Has handwritten notes in red ink from the 1920's and 1930's including changes to street names. Relief markings and sketches show the land cover and land forms. Places and features named include Songees Village, Rock Bay, Victoria Harbour, properties belonging to Governor Douglas and R. Finlayson, the Fort, church reserve, and a public park. Includes three letters from March to April 1913 between the Surveyor-General and the Inspector of Legal Offices about officially moving this map from the custody of the Lands Department to the Land Registry Office by request of the Solicitor of the City of Victoria.
- In Collection:
- LSV Number: 1 Tr LT ECVI
- 1 map and 4 leaves on 1 sheet
- Plan of Victoria City 1858
- No. 1 Victoria Town
- 48.43569, -123.41174
- 48.4359, -123.35155
- Scale: 4 chain to 1 inch
- Land Title and Survey Authority of British Columbia Maps
- Surveyor General of BC, Legal Surveys Vault
- February 23, 2015
- 300 dpi; Metadata by KD
- This material is owned by the Land Title and Survey Authority of British Columbia (LTSA). The Cartographic Record of this digital image is in the possession of the Surveyor General Division, LTSA. Any reproduction of this material must credit the Land Title and Survey Authority of British Columbia as the source for this record. To purchase high-resolution scanned files of these maps and plans, contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Request should cite the LTSA Surveyor General's Vault map number (eg. 16T1 Land Reserves).
This page supports the Zotero and Mendeley browser extensions simply click on the extension widget in your browser to save the objects citation.
|1 Tr 1 LT ECVI - Map of Town of Victoria 1858 (Conserved).tif||2020-07-31||Public||