A clipping entitled "Flowering Thorn" by Leighton Houghton. Two photographs, one of the ruins of the abbey at Glastonbury and the other of the Norman doorway at Saint Mary's Chapel near the ruins; and one drawing of the Holy Thorn tree accompany this article. The article features information about the Christian legend of the Holy Thorn Tree including information about Joseph of Arimathea, King Arthur, the Holy Grail, and the site of Glastonbury.
- In Collection:
- 1 newspaper clipping
- "Flowering Thorn" by Leighton Houghton
- Flowering Thorn: In Somerset they say the Holy Thorn of Glastonbury flowers anew each Christmastide
- Katharine Maltwood Collection
- Donor: John Maltwood
- Finding aid for archival fonds: https://www.uvic.ca/library/locations/home/spcoll/findaids/maltwood_inventory.pdf
- Digitized by Robbyn Gordon Lanning. Technical and cataloguing metadata provided by Robbyn Gordon Lanning. Migration metadata by KD.
- Contact Special Collections and University Archives for access to the original manuscript and for reproduction requests (email@example.com). This material is made available on this site for research and private study only.
This page supports the Zotero and Mendeley browser extensions simply click on the extension widget in your browser to save the objects citation.
|Flowering Thorn 01||2020-01-31||Public||