Extracted from CO 60/2 (ff 775-6). British Columbia. 'Sketch Map of Part of the British Possessions to the West of the Rocky Mountains'. The map has notes on the fertility of the country, character of the Indigenous peoples, etc. Reference table to location and types of trees, crops and wildlife. Scale: 1 inch to about 24 miles. Printed at the Topographical Depot, War Department, under the direction of Captain Elphinstone, RE; H James, Col RE, Superintendent. [British Columbia, c. 1858]
- In Collection:
- National Archives Number: MPG1-136
- Penfold Number: 383
- 1 sheet
- British Possessions to the West of the Rocky Mountains.
- 53.99983, -125.0032
- Early BC Maps Collection
- National Archives of the UK
- Funded by a Canadian Council of Archives, Archival Community Digitization Program.
- 600 dpi jpg. Watermarks added to images by KM, JF, and CDW. Metadata by JTP April 29, 2010.
- These images are provided under license by The National Archives of the UK and cannot be reproduced or copied without their permission. To purchase high-resolution tiff files of these maps for publication, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: +44 (0)20 8392 5225. A scale of reproduction fees applies for commercial publication, exhibition display or TV broadcast. Details on request. Request should cite the National Archives Number. Infringement of the above condition may result in legal action. These images are provided for research only.
This page supports the Zotero and Mendeley browser extensions simply click on the extension widget in your browser to save the objects citation.