The Nanaimo District on the east coast of Vancouver Island bordered by the Cranberry, Mountain, and Cedar Districts. The map has sketches, relief marks and shading, and notes to show the land cover and land forms. There are numbered plots of land and a few reserves. Several features are labeled including "Indian" villages and a road to Pearse's Plains. There is a stamp from 1962 and a notes saying "Survey Cancelled Gazette". Many place names are labeled including the Nanaimo or Quam-Qiam-Qia River, Lighthouse Point, Nanaimo Harbour, Chase River, Flea Point, Colviletown, Cameron Island, Millstone River, Douglas Island, Newcastle Island, Exit Passage, Departure Bay, and Northumberland Channel.
- In Collection:
- LSV Number: 26T2 ECVI
- 1 sheet ; 61 x 96 cm
- Nanaimo District. Official Map. 1859.
- 49.16638, -123.94003
- Scale: 20 Chains = 1 Inch
- Land Title and Survey Authority of British Columbia Maps
- Surveyor General of BC, Legal Surveys Vault
- 600 dpi; Metadata by KD
- This material is owned by the Land Title and Survey Authority of British Columbia (LTSA). The Cartographic Record of this digital image is in the possession of the Surveyor General Division, LTSA. Any reproduction of this material must credit the Land Title and Survey Authority of British Columbia as the source for this record. To purchase high-resolution scanned files of these maps and plans, contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Request should cite the LTSA Surveyor General's Vault map number (eg. 16T1 Land Reserves).
This page supports the Zotero and Mendeley browser extensions simply click on the extension widget in your browser to save the objects citation.