Esquimalt & Victoria HarboursPublic
Vancouver Island (subsequently part of British Columbia, now in Canada). Chart: 'Esquimalt & Victoria Harbours Surveyed by Capt. G. H. Richards, R.N., and the Officers of H.M.S. Hecate 1861-2 ...'. Reference table to batteries, emplacements and temporary works. Scale: 1 inch to about 1,000 feet. Compass roses. Drawn for engraving by E J Powell; engraved by Davies and Powell; published at the Admiralty, 15 October 1864; corrected to 1876. Insets: views of the coast, by H Adlard. Coloured MS additions show works, and proposed batteries and gun emplacements, with their ranges and fields of fire. [Esquimalt and Victoria, 1864; 1876; 1879]
- In Collection:
- Penfold Number: 459
- 1 sheet
- North America, West Coast, Vancouver Island, Esquimalt and Victoria Harbours, surveyed by Capt. G. H. Richards, R.N., and the Officers of H.M.S. Hecate 1861-2
- 53.99983, -125.0032
- 48.4359, -123.35155
- 48 25'49"N / 123 26'45"W
- 60.10867, -113.64258
- 48.43569, -123.41174
- 1861 to 1862
- Early BC Maps Collection
- National Archives of the UK
- Funded by a Canadian Council of Archives, Archival Community Digitization Program.
- National Archives Number: WO78-2311 (20)
- April 12, 2010
- Watermarks added to images by KM, JF, and CDW. Metadata by CDW, April 28, 2010
- 600 dpi jpg
- These images are provided under license by The National Archives of the UK and cannot be reproduced or copied without their permission. To purchase high-resolution tiff files of these maps for publication, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: +44 (0)20 8392 5225. A scale of reproduction fees applies for commercial publication, exhibition display or TV broadcast. Details on request. Request should cite the National Archives Number. Infringement of the above condition may result in legal action. These images are provided for research only.
This page supports the Zotero and Mendeley browser extensions simply click on the extension widget in your browser to save the objects citation.