Appears to be notes for a talk that Frank Sylvester gave, concerning burial cairns on Vancouver Island, his method of excavation of the cairns, and his theories as to the meaning of the cairns, and the ancestry of the people buried there. Handwritten manuscript, on ruled paper with red-lined margin. Pages hand-numbered 1-20. Signed and dated: Frank Sylvester, Victoria, B.C., June 10, 1901.
- In Collection:
- 20 leaves, handwritten ; 21 x 34 cm
- Paper on Prehistoric Cairns of Vancouver Island read by Frank Sylvester June 10, 1901
- 49.65064, -125.44939
- Frank and Cecilia Sylvester Collection
- Acc. No.: 1998-071, 1.8
- Frank and Cecilia Sylvester family fonds
- January 28, 2008
- 600 dpi tif, Epson GT-15000 scanner, scanned by KSW, edited by CDW. Metadata by KD.
- Contact Special Collections and University Archives for access to the original manuscript and for reproduction requests (email@example.com). Patrons may view the material through the Victoria's Early History Collection, but may not use images without permission of the University.
This page supports the Zotero and Mendeley browser extensions simply click on the extension widget in your browser to save the objects citation.
|Prehistoric Cairns 01||2020-07-30||Public||
|Prehistoric Cairns 02||2020-07-30||Public||
|Prehistoric Cairns 03||2020-07-30||Public||
|Prehistoric Cairns 04||2020-07-30||Public||
|Prehistoric Cairns 05||2020-07-30||Public||
|Prehistoric Cairns 06||2020-07-30||Public||
|Prehistoric Cairns 07||2020-07-30||Public||
|Prehistoric Cairns 08||2020-07-30||Public||
|Prehistoric Cairns 09||2020-07-30||Public||
|Prehistoric Cairns 10||2020-07-30||Public||