Consists of clippings; including illustrations; from newspapers and journals relating to gender identity. Clippings may or may not contain source information. Identifiable sources include Daily Mirror; the Lancet; Evening Mail; Birmingham Gay Liberation; and Gay Liberation Front. The scrapbook is hand-numbered 2 on upper right corner of cover.
- In Collection:
- 86 pages
- "This is the big one"; "How the mighty are risen"; "At 16 it can be a problem"; "Too much for me ... ten years hard"; "Camping & cruising"; "The mating game"; "Secrets of the birds and the bees"; "On-- and off it!"
- 52.48142, -1.89983; 51.50853, -0.12574; 53.48095, -2.23743; 43.00035, -75.4999; 55.86515, -4.25763
- Includes an insert.
- Transgender Scrapbooks
- Donated by Richard Ekins.
- University of Victoria Transgender Archives
- University of Victoria Chair in Transgender Studies
- Finding aid for archival fonds: https://www.uvic.ca/transgenderarchives/assets/docs/Ekins%20Box%20List.pdf
- December 6, 2016
- Scanned using TTI BetterLight at 600dpi tiffs. Scanning, editing performed by CDeWolfe. No colour correction. Archived on Library server.
- Contact Special Collections and University Archives for access to the original manuscript and for reproduction requests (firstname.lastname@example.org). This material is made available on this site for research and private study only.
This page supports the Zotero and Mendeley browser extensions simply click on the extension widget in your browser to save the objects citation.