A very rough sketch that accompanied a letter from Cox of the area where the Thompson River and North Thompson River meet that includes Kamloops and a building labeled Company's Corral. One one side of the North River there is a building that is labeled as someone's residence, the Chapperon's farm which is noted to be 160 acres and 10 miles from the residence. There is a Hudson's Bay Company fort on the other side of the river. This note is also written on the map "Entitled to 3 Miles square measurement as an Indian Reserve".
- In Collection:
- LSV Number: 6T1a IR
- Historical Map Society of B.C. Map Number: 2006
- 1 sheet ; 30 x 40 cm
- Sketch (of Kamloops) acc. Mr Cox's letter 10 July 1865
- 50.68308, -120.3442
- 50.66648, -120.3192
- 50.23304, -121.58589
- Land Title and Survey Authority of British Columbia Maps
- Surveyor General of BC, Legal Surveys Vault
- September 30, 2011
- 400 dpi; Metadata by KD
- This material is owned by the Land Title and Survey Authority of British Columbia (LTSA). The Cartographic Record of this digital image is in the possession of the Surveyor General Division, LTSA. Any reproduction of this material must credit the Land Title and Survey Authority of British Columbia as the source for this record. To purchase high-resolution scanned files of these maps and plans, contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Request should cite the LTSA Surveyor General's Vault map number (eg. 16T1 Land Reserves).
This page supports the Zotero and Mendeley browser extensions simply click on the extension widget in your browser to save the objects citation.